The following photos were shot with the Sigma 70mm lens. Click any image to magnify.
Micro Cricket pattern tied on the #18 Hanak 390 BL
I have a lot of fly customers who fish for trout and char in Japan. Because I used to live in Southeast Asia with my family, I am particularly familiar with the Hokkaido region, where the Tokachi River watershed includes the Ashoro River and the Rawan River. Both hold powerful and wild rainbow trout. These are often difficult rainbows and have a reputation for being quite particular and weary.

Today I received a request from T. Takizaki for a few dozen micro crickets to fish the Akan River. He made a specific request that I tie these with #18 Hanak 390 hooks, using silver wire instead of red. Also asking me to use Tiemco Aero Dry Wing for the abdomen and wing case covers. Luckily, I have a whole drawer full of Aero Dry Wing material that I stashed during the mid 1990's. Tiemco no longer distributes this stuff in the USA, and it is now being sold via eBay for more than 30 US dollars a pack, which is insane! Lucky for me, Mr. Takizaki is sending me some more Aero Dry Wing from Japan to further my extensive stash, which was quite kind of him.Thank you and enjoy, Mr. Takizaki!
Thanks for letting me share! ~Clint Bova
www.cjbovarods.com